1101 Schoolhouse Road
732-842-4000 ext 4312
Ranger Station: 732-922-4080
NOTE: This is the address of the nearest home on the opposite side of the road from the park entrance.
NavigationTap the map for navigation help.
IMPORTANT: As of January 2018 the bridge on Schoolhouse Road is under repair, and the ONLY access is from Belmar Boulevard. See the directions below.If you see errors on this page, or if you'd like to suggest improvements, please send e-mail to Jem Treadwell.
We meet in the main parking lot, adjacent to the road.
IMPORTANT: See the note above.
Garden State Parkway:
- Take exit 100 for Route 33 west. Take care with the merge onto Route 33 – there are Yield signs on the left and the right.
- Follow Route 33 for about one mile, move into the left lane before the lights, then turn left at the lights onto Wyckoff Road.
- After 0.5 mile turn left onto Rte 34 south.
- After 0.75 mile take the jug-handle to head east on Belmar Boulevard (the turn is signed for Farmingdale and Belmar – turn left to head towards Belmar).
- After 0.75 mile turn left onto Schoolhouse Road, ignoring the Diversion sign.
- The Shark River Park entrance is on the left soon after you cross over the Parkway. The road is blocked just beyond the park entrance.
Garden State Parkway: Take exit 100 (Hwy 33 east). Continue on Hwy 33 to Schoolhouse Road. Turn right onto Schoolhouse Road. Follow to park, on your right. Hwy 35: to Hwy 33 west to Schoolhouse Road. Turn left onto Schoolhouse Road. Follow to park, on your right.