732-842-4000 ext 4312
There is no exact street address for this location.
NavigationTap the map for navigation help.
This is the meeting point for both Rocky Point and Hartshorne Woods.If you see errors on this page, or if you'd like to suggest improvements, please send e-mail to Jem Treadwell.
Meet in the parking lot (see the picture below).
From points north:
- Take Hwy 36 south to Highlands, and turn right onto Miller Street (Our Lady of Perpetual Help is on the corner).
- Turn left at the intersection with Highland Avenue.
- Take the first right onto South Peak Street.
- Follow South Peak Street up the hill, and bear right onto Grand Tour.
- Turn right at the next intersection to stay on Grand Tour.
- At the end turn right onto Portland Road.
- The parking lot will be in front of you.
From Rte 33 west:
- Bypass Freehold and go north on Halls Mill/Kozloski Road to Rte 537.
- Turn right (east) on Rte 537, and continue past Colts Neck High School to the intersection with Rte 34 in Colts Neck. Turn left onto Rt 34 North.
- At the first light turn right onto Phalanx Road.
- Follow Phalanx Road for 3.75 miles to Rte 520 (Newman Springs Road) in Lincroft. Turn right onto Newman Springs Road.
- Stay on Newman Springs Road until the intersection with Route 35 (and the railroad crossing) in Red Bank. Turn right onto Route 35.
- Take the first left onto White Road, and follow until the intersection with Branch Avenue (3/4 mile).
- Turn left onto Branch Avenue, then take the first right onto Rumson Road.
- Follow Rumson Road through Fair Haven and Rumson. The road will end at the water’s edge, Hwy 36.
- Turn left (north, toward Sandy Hook) and follow Hwy 36 north through Sea Bright and over the Highlands bridge.
- Stay in the right (exit) lane over the bridge, and take the first right at the end of the bridge.
- Go down and and bear to the right under the highway, then up the other side. There’s a brown “Hartshorne Woods/Rocky Point” sign as you pass under the bridge (see picture below).
- Turn left onto Portland Road.
- Follow Portland Road up the hill to the park entrance at the top.