260 Locust Avenue
Note: This is the address of the house opposite the park entrance.
NavigationTap the map for navigation help.
Claypit Creek is a section of Hartshorne Woods Park. The sign at the entrance to the park reads “Hartshorne Woods Park – Claypit Creek”.If you see errors on this page, or if you'd like to suggest improvements, please send e-mail to Jem Treadwell.
Follow the dirt road to the parking lot.
From Garden State Pkwy:
- Take exit 117 and follow Hwy 36 South.
- Take a slight right onto Valley Drive (Co Hwy 8A).
- Turn right onto Locust Avenue.
- Claypit Creek park entrance is on the left – look for the brown sign saying “Hartshorne Woods Park – Claypit Creek”.
From State Hwy 35:
- Turn east onto Navesink River Road (just north of Cooper Bridge, near Red Bank).
- Travel east on Navesink River Road for 4.7 miles (joins 8A North).
- Follow around bend and turn right onto Locust Avenue.
- Claypit Creek park entrance is on the right – look for the brown sign saying “Hartshorne Woods Park – Claypit Creek”.